Thursday, December 13, 2007

Locked In the Bathroom

This morning, I had to pee. And believe it or not, I wasn't right in the middle of doing something important. (Usually I have to wait about an hour or so until I'm free to use the restroom) So I walked to the bathroom and opened the door. Immediately I noticed that, of course, there is no toilet paper on the roll nor are there anymore spare rolls in the basket beside the potty. So I went upstairs to fetch some toilet paper. I decided just to pee in the upstairs bathroom since I was already there. The next thing I know, Payton is screaming. Hmmm, I thought to myself...I wonder why Payton is screaming? I finished going potty, washed my hands, grabbed the extra paper and headed back downstairs. The bathroom door was now shut and the screams were coming from inside. I turned the knob, to no avail. It was locked. Luckily the little key was where it was supposed to be, right on top of the door jam. I opened the door and Payton walked out with tears streaming down her face. She said "Thank You" and then shut the bathroom door and walked away.

You see, our bathroom door has a little squeak. Which reminds me...WD-40 has been on my shopping list for the last several months and I have yet to locate some. I will do that this week! Anyway, so when the twins hear the bathroom door open, they stop what they are doing, run to the bathroom, sit down on the stool, watch me potty, say "ewwww" and laugh, try to help me with the toilet paper, watch as the toilet flushes, stand patiently outside the door while I wash my hands, then immediately close the door as soon as I clear the doorway. Hopefully they'll be that methodical and excited about going to the bathroom when it's time for potty training! Yeah, right!

This is how I think Payton ended up locked in the bathroom.

Door Squeaks, they notice I'm not in the room, and the twins come running. Payton gets there first, walks into the bathroom confused because I'm not there. Jackson gets there next and sees Payton alone in the bathroom and shuts the door with Payton inside. Jackson runs away. Payton tries to get out by turning the doorknob she can barely reach but instead of opening the door, she locks it. Bam. Crying ensues.

Maybe from here on out I can go to the bathroom and be all alone for the 8.5 seconds it takes me to pee. Doubt it. But I will get that WD-40. Maybe then I can sneak into the bathroom?!

No comments: