Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm Itchy

A conversation with Mikayla:

Mikayla: I'm itchy!
Me: You're itchy? Maybe it's from the new PJ's. (Mikayla got new PJ's and demanded to wear them before I washed them.)
Mikayla: I don't think so. I'm itchy all over. I think I have the ticks.
Me: Ticks?
Mikayla: Yeah the ticks.
Me: What are ticks?
Mikayla: You know...the ticks...bugs. I don't remember what exactly they're called. (pause) Oh yeah, they're called ticks. That's all. I forgot.
Me: How did you get ticks?
Mikayla: From Keisha. Mommy!! You know they only get on animals that have fur. Keisha has fur so Keisha must have gotten ticks and gave them to me. I saw her scratching earlier.
Me: Where did you learn about ticks?
Mikayla: A long time ago, on an episode of Spongebob, Sandy the squirrel went to Texas and when she came back she had the ticks. Then Patrick and Spongebob got the ticks too, even though they don't have fur. They were really itchy just like I am. And the only way to get rid of ticks is lots and lots of water. They had to use all the water in Bikini Bottom.
Me: Well then I guess it's time to get a bath. But I really don't think you have ticks.
Mikayla: Alright!! I really wanted a bath.

I looked her over really well - no ticks =) My theory is staying with the unwashed PJ's. The funny thing is, she did have a tick, a couple years ago. Guess she doesn't remember. It's fun to see kids' perspectives. And who says you don't learn anything from television.

1 comment:

Dorinda said...

Very cute - kids say the funniest things....

Hey, check out my blog:

www.nelsontriplets.blogspot.com

Glad to know someone else in the club blogs! How far we've come since that random meeting in Target :)