Tuesday, December 11, 2007

All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth


Jordan was gladiator battling with inflatable pugle sticks at Mikayla's party. A kid came up to me and said "Are you Jordan's Mom?" I said, "Yes". He said, "Jordan lost his teeth and they are bleeding." (Yes, he was wearing a helmet!)


So I went to check it out. Sure enough, Jordan had a missing front tooth and the other one was pretty loose. I wasn't worried about it. They're just baby teeth. They were going to fall out anyway. I just didn't want Jordan to swallow the loose tooth. So, I offered to pull it out. He would have none of that! He wiggled and wiggled that thing until it finally came out (the next day). So there it is. Jordan will be missing his two front teeth for Christmas.


The funny thing is, when he lost his bottom two teeth, a third bottom tooth was a little loose. I know cause I wiggled it myself. So when I checked his other teeth to make sure he didn't have more loose teeth, that same tooth that was once wiggling, wasn't budging. Hmmm. Bizarre.


So I asked Jordan, "Wasn't this tooth loose before?". "Yes", he replied. "But I've eaten a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches since then. I think the sticky peanut butter helped keep the tooth in."


Interesting thought. I don't think that's the case, but I don't really have an alternative plausible idea.

No comments: