Monday, November 26, 2007

Vacation's Over

I bet you were worried my blogging jaunt was over! Never fear, I was just not home. And it's not real easy to blog from an unfamiliar computer...OK..well it is real easy to blog from, well, pretty much any computer. None-the-less, I took a break and now I'm back with 90% of my Christmas shopping done and 100% of the gifts in my possession wrapped. Can I get a Who Hoo?!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a very wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. I will post some pics and stories from our holiday shortly.

Oh, an update on the Santa Train tickets! Today was the day they went on sale. I scrambled to get all 5 kids dressed and fed and out the door in time for Jordan to get his bus at 8:45am. Which of all days was a little late, of course. Doesn't the driver know I have some place to be and that line is only growing longer by the minute? Jordan got on the bus and we promptly pulled away. I parked in a parking spot that was marked "Special Event Parking". Well, wasn't this a special event? It took me about 5 minutes to get all the kids out of the car with jackets, socks, and shoes on. See, if I put these items on beforehand, they not only wind up off but they will be missing by the time we get out of the car. Then we braved the line and cold rain for about an hour to purchase our Santa Train tickets. I only had to put Jackson's shoes back on once, Payton's back on 4 times, and Ryne decided he would rather chew on his right shoe than leave it on. Oh well, I tried. So we wait in line and get the typical comments. "Oh wow, you brought the whole nursery with you!" (That was a new one!) "Wow, are all of them yours?" "My you have your hands full!" "Are they triplets?" (all of which are definitely not new ones) I answered each and every one of them politely with a smile. Finally, we get to the front of the line. Mikayla walked up to the woman and waited very patiently to be helped. The woman looked around and looked at me and said "Who is this little girl with?" I said "She's with me, but she is purchasing tickets on her own". Mikayla said "I would like 3 tickets to the 10:30 Santa train please" and handed the woman $15. The woman gave Mikayla the tickets and said "Enjoy the train!" Mikayla was so proud of herself! She did a great job! I was up next and was able to get my 6 tickets. You might be doing the addition quickly in your head...3 + 6 = 9. No, we aren't expecting another set of twins. Grandma Wagner and Great Grandma Ague will be visiting that day and will be joining us on the train. So, mission accomplished! WHO HOO!

3 comments:

JKW said...

So Mikayla didn't need the note she wouldn't have been able to read after all! Hooray!

I know how she likes to perform - did she do a victory dance after she bought the tickets all by herself?

Nancy Lotinsky said...

You're very brave! I'm really enjoying your blog, as I picture you doing all these activities and keeping up with your responsibilities. You're doing an incredible job! Aunt Nancy

Mandi Brown said...

It is so nice of you to take the time to read our blog! You, of all people, know what it's like to be forever busy =) Thanks for commenting and I hope your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Mandi