Saturday, November 17, 2007

“Do as I say, not as I do” from a 19-month-old


The other day, Ryne got a hold of the Desitin that we so lovingly refer to as “Butt Cream”. Payton went up to him and said “NO”, took it away from him, and handed me the tube of cream. What a helper! She's already acting as another set of eyes for me. Oh, but 10 minutes later, this is what I find:




Payton, holding the tube, with butt cream all over her face and Ryne next to her. Ryne had a couple finger swoops of cream on his face, too. At least she shared!



Where was Jack when all of this was going on? On the dining room table of course!




Later that day, Mikayla lovingly buckled Jackson in the child rockers we have. She then proceeded to buckle herself in the one next to him. Why am I writing about this? Because she couldn’t unbuckle herself. Oh the temptation to not leave her in there for a long long while…but then, what kind of mother would I be?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww they are such cuties! I know all too well about those gray hairs, but I'll thank my wife for that. Ouch! She just hit me. We all knew that was coming. We're all getting older, but it's nice to know that we're doing it together! Much love from the South, Jeremy & Sarah