Sunday, November 18, 2007

Can you smell what the Jack is cookin'?

I should preface this story (and many others) by saying that I do have control over my children. They are just fast little buggers and I happen to be about 1 step behind them. I've become a lot less judgemental about some of the stories you read about. "It all happened so quickly." "I turned my back for a second." Sometimes it truly is just 1 second! So...don't judge me =)

10/24/07
“Mommy, what smells like onions?” asked Mikayla. I go to the kitchen to explore the alleged odor. “Why that would be the gas to our oven, Mikayla. Stand back!” I replied. Yep. Turns out Jack was playing with the knobs to the stove. He put the front burner on ignite. At least he didn’t turn the flame on. Bad news – I have no idea how long he bled the gas line and can only be thankful there wasn’t a spark that would have set the whole house on fire. Good news – my sister found these plastic inserts that keep the knobs from being pushed in to ignite the burner. Now we can all rest a little easier!

1 comment:

JKW said...

Yep. Who's the best aunt in the world? In addition to satisfying my OCD, it keeps the kids safe from an exploding house. See how being crazy is a good thing? :)