Wednesday, January 16, 2008

And we're back

Has it really been almost a month since I last blogged? Wow! Where does the time go? While I got many nice gifts for Christmas, Santa failed to bring me the item at the top of my list - about 4 more hours in a day!

It seems so overwhelming to start to blog after so long. So much has happened. Where do I start?

Well, turns out I was "tagged" over my hiatus. Dorinda has so kindly tagged me. I think I will use it to my advantage and leave that as my blog for the day.

Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.

or

Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list.

or

Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old.


Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.


I will share 5 random and/or weird facts about myself.

1. I went out in the Everglades in a small boat with a friend, at night, and used a light to spot alligators. When we spotted one, we jumped in the water to snag it and wrestled it into our boat. Then it was my job to sit on it's back and hold the mouth open while my friend pumped it's stomach to find out what it has been eating. Then we let them go. I think we captured about 15 alligators in total over several nights. All in the name of science =) The research professor, Dr. Brady Barr, now works for National Geographic and has his own show. What a cool job!

2. The one and only time I went to a strip club was actually for Brady Barr's wife-to-be's bachelorette party. It was, of all nights, on Good Friday. I was feeling embarrassed and guilty. Wouldn't you know it, we get to the club and I knew one of the strippers. He was a UM football player! He saw me, laughed, did everything he could to embarrass me some more, and then begged me not to tell his coach what he did for extra money =)

3. I have dissected a human cadaver, while eating dinner.

4. I have SCUBA dived with sharks (although not a great white or bull shark like I hope to someday swim with).

5. I took small gas engines, dairy judging, aquaculture and welding classes in high school. (I attended a small H.S. in central PA - cow country =) So I can fix your lawn mower-provided I have a Briggs & Stratton manual, tell if your cow has mastitis, build you a fish tank, raise some tilapia, and fry them up, and create an iron sculpture. LOL. What useful skills! If I knew I was going to have 5 kids, I would have taken Home Economics instead.

There you have it. Hmmm..who do I tag? Can I tag Dorinda again and have her answer another question?

I'll throw this one out to Amy.

2 comments:

Dorinda said...

Ha! I wish all my facts were so exciting. Were you a doctor in a previous life? Or scientist? Alligators... Hmmm. The sharks I would like - the alligators, not so much! I'm from Florida I think that's what chased me out. hee hee...

I don't have any more interesting facts!! You're it, no tag backs or something like that :)

raine studios said...

yay! a tag a tag i love a good game of tag!