Saturday, February 9, 2008

Childproof Schmiledproof

I'm going back to a previous post about the breaching of security by the twins.



The door knobs were our only saving grace as they weren't tall enough/strong enough to open the doors. Well of course, this soon changed. So, the child door knob covers went on. These are 2 halves of plastic that fit very snugly together. They are larger than the doorknob so there are two rubberized finger grip things that you have to squeeze together as you turn the knob. Ask some adults...this is not an easy task always!



I went to get the babies up from their nap. As I was leaving the room, I noticed something. Or rather, I noticed something was missing. The doorknob cover was NOT on the back of the door anymore! Where was it? How did it come off? This was only the second day of having them on. Surely this was just a fluke. I found one half under Payton's bed and one half under Jackson's bed. I don't know how they did it. I don't know which one did it or if they worked together for that matter. But by darned, these little Houdini's managed to breach yet another level of security! I put it back on. The next day, off again!

3 comments:

raine studios said...

Ethan was the same way. I remember that my mom used to put a folded up washcloth in between the door and the jam and it would keep the door wedged shut, but I could never get that to work. Maybe doors are built too differently nowadays. Ethan also figured out how to take those suckers off pretty early on.

Marge said...

Mandi, I tagged you!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.